BK Nook for Teens

This is a blog dedicated to finding great books for parents to give their teens...without having to worry about what's written within the pages...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

CLIQUE

Clique...I haven't ready any Gossip Girls books but I would picture Clique to be a junior version of that series...I was pretty impressed. All the emotions that come with being a middle school girl are brought to life in Claire Lyons who is living in the guesthouse (along with her family) of a very rich family with a very popular, very "in control" middle school girl. I thought it was interesting that the author also creates and develops shows for MTV. These books seem like Laguna Beach for a younger generation without the promiscuity. It's nice to have a book where the girls have crushes and are only worried about kissing and nothing more...After all it is middle school!

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger alexgirl said...

I was very impressed with The Clique. The characters were cute and the dialog was very snappy. A great book for tweens.
-Alex
http://alexrichards.org

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Tahlia said...

I just found your blog and I really like the idea. It's a pity you haven't posted for a while. Even so, you might like to take a preview peek at my new YA fantasy novel, 'Lethal Inheritance’. You’ll find it at http://publishersearch.wordpress.com
It's a healthy story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home